The Tori Institute
Welcome to the Tori Institute. Where you can Think, Speak and Respect your opinions openly for the love of Tori.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Tori Institute
Welcome to the Tori Institute. Where you can Think, Speak and Respect your opinions openly for the love of Tori.
The Tori Institute
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I Have A Theory....

Go down

I Have A Theory.... Empty I Have A Theory....

Post by The Pink Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:58 am

....that Tori isn't necessarily meant to be understood but that she understands me.

And I think once toriphiles accept this they'll stop the madness of having to be so right about her song meanings.

Example- Night of Hunters was clearly explained to us. Not only about the idea of duality but this was the sequence in order by consecutive calculated stages of heartache in a time period of departing and ending an relationship.

I almost died when I saw a post once on someone questioning wether it was her attempt to resolve her relationship with Christianity. I almost fell off the chair in laughter.

How pretentious and deep thinking does one have to become to overanalyze tori? I replied to that thread. With a huge tablespoon of question marks and glass of WTFs.
I mean here Tori finally gave us the key to unlock it...let it be.

And all I am saying is that I welcome the exploration of her music and lyrics.

But in my humble opinion I would do so with caution...it is very bold to state and claim that tori said that or this so you know it is about this.

Good old fashioned self interpretation is sometimes what the toriphile sees. And thats just fine.

Heed a warning- Humility and Creativity is key to unlocking tori amos.

There is no definitive answer...

Tread lightly and explore with crayons and color outside the lines.
I hope this did not offend anyone. Its just my personal take on a sacred place we all go to and we know we must respect it and others.

xoxo
The Pink
The Pink
The Pink

https://thetoriinstitute.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down